There are 3 Working Groups collaborating on educational resources:
- Working Group 2: Conducting a survey of what is needed regarding IPE
- Working Group 3: Compiling collection of our IPE stories (case studies)
- Working Group 4: Creating web-based platform to share IPE resources
Working Group 2: Conducting a survey of what is needed regarding IPE
After a workshop held at the African Interprofessional Education Network Conference in June, 2017, the lack of knowledge of the state of IPE as philosophy, policy, curriculum and pedagogy in Sub-Saharan Partner countries, were identified. Informed by international practice, AfrIPEN need to conduct a survey to obtain baseline data on IPE in our partner countries. The situational analysis will also be a global first to cover all the aspects needed to develop or adapt a competency framework for interprofessional collaborative practice, taking into consideration societal, organisational, perceived and observed needs. The topics that will be explored from the needs analysis, performed in the Programme and Partner countries, include IPE philosophy, practice (delivery, curricula, content, assessment, etc.), infrastructure, technology and policy.
The aim of the survey is conduct a survey and report on a baseline situational analyses of IPE in Sub-Saharan partner countries, to inform the development/adaptation of a contextualised competency framework for IPE and will provide more information about the education contexts to deliver the envisaged curriculum.
Objectives to reach this aim and how the status quo will be changed:
- To explore IPE philosophy adopted by Sub-Saharan Partner countries
- To explore the IPE practice (i.e. delivery, curricula, content, assessment) adopted by Dub-Saharan Partner countries
- To explore the IPE infrastructure adopted by Sub-Saharan Partner countries
- To explore the IPE technology adopted by Sub-Saharan Partner countries
- To explore the IPE policies adopted by Sub-Saharan Partner countries
For more information contact:
Working Group 3: Compiling collection of our IPE stories (case studies)
This Working Group negotiated an agreement with the WHO IPE team to publish regular AfrIPEN features on the WHO website to showcase IPE in Sub-Sahara Africa. We encourage collaborators to share their IPE case studies and stories for publication on the AfrIPEN and WHO websites.
If you have a case study or story to share, contact Mathys Labuschagne requesting the prescribed template. Upon receiving your submission, it will be peer-reviewed and finalised for publication on the website.
For more information, contact:
- Mathys Labuschagne
Mobile: +27 83 411 9891
Working Group 4: Creating web-based platform to share IPE resources
Phase 2 of developing of this AfrIPEN website is to include a portal to find and share IPE resources, including
- Training material
- Assessment tools
- Funding sources
- Institutional contact persons
- Proposed and ongoing research topics
- Guidelines regarding branding and acknowledgement
- Links to other websites
- List of IPE educators
Funding is currently sought to enable this project. Should you are interested to support this initiative, please consider making a donation towards AfrIPEN or contact:
- Stefanus Snyman
Mobile: +27 82 557 1056